Using some test sandwiches, you'll get to try several different quick techniques to build your free motion skills and get you comfortable - maybe even comfortable enough to tackle a quilt!
For the class, please bring:
- Your sewing machine, ready to set up for free-motion (able to lower feed dogs, free motion foot)
- Several (4-6) sandwiched sections, (top, batting,backing) solid color or muslin is best. Each should be about 12" x 15"
- Contrasting color thread, if using solid color. The thread needs to be very visible against the material.
- Bright color thread if using muslin. Variegated thread works great.
- Patience. This is a tricky skill to learn - go easy on yourself. The more relaxed you are, the better your results will be!
If you need any help preparing your sandwiches or have any questions about whether your machine can do free motion, please ask us in advance! Email email@example.com or call 267-277-4148